Re: AW: [jwt-dev] JWT transformations framework

Florian Lautenbacher a écrit :
Hi Mickael,
Hi
thanks for upload the transformation framework plugin into CVS.
Some minor comments to it:
-in the transformations folder in CVS there is now a bin,src,icons,etc.
folder as well as two subfolders jwt-stubTransformation and
jwt-transformation-base. Are these folders necessary and if yes, what do
they contain? Concerning the writing of projects: we started with jwt-we,
wam, etc. so maybe we could also write stub-transformation instead of
stubTransformation?
Just jwt-stubTransformation and jwt-transformation-base are needed. Other folders are due to an error from me. But I didn't succeed to remove them from CVS. Indeed, when I check out, I can't see empty folders, so that I can't delete them... It did the same thing when I renamed jwt-stubTransformation into jwt-stub-transformation. (By the way, I am used to SVN, that's why I make so many mistakes with CVS. Sorry! I'll try to improve my skills in CVS as fast as possible ;)
Is the part jwt-compatibility not needed anymore? After my discussions with
Marc I thought that all kinds of transformations such as jwt-bpmn or
jwt-xpdl should be stored there? So I thought that the transformation base
(which is the base for other transformations such as jwt-bpmn) would be
stored there, too?
We thought that compatibility was too large, and that transformations would be a clearer name for this module. Compatibility is a very abstract name, it may include transformations, but also other things that we don't have in mind yet. That's why we chose transformations for the module name.
-could you please provide a license-file in the project as well as an
about.html? I learned today in a tutorial at EclipseCon that this is
necessary in all projects or components.
I'll add it when this mail is finished.
-Since Mickael is a committer, he has the possibility to upload any code to
the CVS without IP check. However, since this is a new component
(transformations), I guess we should open a bug in IPZilla via the portal
and request to use this (should not take that long since the project is very
small). This would prevent us from having problems sometimes later on.
OK. Is my next step to submit a CQ by clicking "request" on my portal, or is there anything to do before?
-I'm unsure about the version number and provider of the Plugin: normally I
wouldn't say that the first attempt/release of some plugin has already
version 1.0.0! I would guess more something like 0.1. What do you think
about that? Would the provider be JWT? Or shall we write Eclipse.org?
You're right. I corrected it. I also wrote Eclipse.org as provider, as it is the case in jwt-we.
-On the Wiki you say that transformation to XPDL still has some errors!? Are
they due to the "transformation framework" or due to wrong templates?
Errors come from the XSLT transformation itself. Guillaume is working on it, and it should be commited soon.
Best regards,

Florian