[jwt-dev] [jwt-users] and the road goes on...

Hi all,

I've been very busy during the last months but it's still interesting to give some more inputs to the guys designing and developping all the great stuffs ! ;)

I'm very pleased to say that JWT has great days coming. I'm working together with some people in a great european institution and it's getting more and more evident that a flexible tool as JWT plans to be is definitely awaited by the market. The need for a BPMN notation seems to be important for a few people. In fact what is important I think is to have the ability to use JWT as top-down tool as so as a bottom-up tool. What I mean by this is that when going towards SOA, the two different approachs are most of time considered. The top-down approachs considers going from BPM representation to a more technical view whereas the bottom-up approach is focusing on the technical aspects, eventually mutualising the services achieved and exposing them to a more high level view (typically the process view, the analyst view). Having the ability to use JWT as a simple technical tool for modeling a process and deploy it on a runtime is great but what is also interesting is to be able to start from a more business modeling view (typically BPMN) and then switch from this view to a more technical view. How this could be implemented is maybe to have different tabs on the editor exposing the same process in different views. Then comes the difficulty of mapping the different views as the representations may not perfectly suits from one another.

let me know of what you think about this.

Fabrice