[jubula-dev] [Potentially] upcoming (incompatible) changes within the Jubula component system

Hello Jubula (RC)-Developers,

We'd like to announce [potentially] upcoming (incompatible) changes within the Jubula component system and extension mechanism - see [1] - and kindly ask for any feedback whether changes in this and related areas [2] might affect you.

Our  goal is to simplify the ITEs / APIs UI component type system and extension mechanism. Therefore we're currently evaluating:
 - to change the ComponentConfiguration XML format (see [1])
 - <or> to completely replace it by another, more well-defined type-system
 - to extend / change the toolkit extension point

As we're aware of the fact that this is very likely to ***break any existing ITE extension*** we're, before making any decisions, first of all trying to gather as much information as we can. Changes in this area should not affect the API within the "org.eclipse.jubula.rc.*" namespace but definitely the "o.e.j.client.*" and "o.e.j.toolkit.*" ones.

So: Please give us some feedback by
 - voting / comment on the affected bugs,
 - filing new enhancements / bugs,
 - simply report it as a reply on this mailing list.

Thanks in advance and with best regards,
MarkusT

[1] http://eclip.se/470056#c1
[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/showdependencytree.cgi?id=470025&hide_resolved=1

Back to the top