Re: [jubula-dev] [Building jubula] Problem with debugging testexec in eclipse

Hello Egor,

please find the answers inlined:

On 07.11.2013 19:06, Egor wrote:
Hello there!

I"m right now in process of building jubula (for quite a while already) to start working on my master thesis, that involves enhancing it a bit.
Sounds good - could you maybe give some more information what kind of enhancements you want to realize? ... so that we can point you in the right direction how to achieve this?
The problem is I can't achieve a working build from the source code. Generally I want to run command line client in debug mode in Eclipse, and its not working by now :D

Just a bit about the environment:
- Mac OSX 10.6.8
- Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers (Kepler SR1 for x64 Mac)
- Source code from Kepler branch (http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.core.git)
- Target platform is set to juno.target
- Java 1.6
- MySQL 5.6.14 (MacOS x64)

Steps i did:
1. Builded it with maven (target platform juno)
For that I'd recommend to build it from the command line first by simply invoking "ant" directly within the org.eclipse.jubula.core.git-clone - this should successfully build the Jubula feature as well as the dashboard and in the meantime generate all necessary artifacts to setup your Eclipse IDE more easily.
2. created a test that works both from jubula ITE and existing testexec in jubula package

After the maven build and refreshing workspace i still get number of errors. Among them there are some in org.eclipse.jubula.examples.* - i dont mention them. The list of the rest is attached to this letter. Generally there are problems in org.jubula.rc.swt.utils and org.jubula.rc.rcp.e3.specific modules.
These problems are "expected" - as some of our projects require a different target platform. You can simply close all projects in the "org.eclipse.jubula.examples.*" namespace. The SWT utils problem is known and Mac OS X build environment specific (due to the automatically bound SWT fragment implementation) but does not - afaik - has any side effects. The *e3* specific modules compile against a 3.x target platform and hence Eclipse only supports one target platform being set at once they report API errors in the IDE. However when building from the command line the different target platforms are automatically taken into account by maven / tycho.
3. Run "org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.launcher" as eclipse application
This is the correct application to launch - and should start up the testexec from within your IDE.
works, console output complains about missing command line arguments and shows me tooltip

4. Run "org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.launcher" as eclipse application *with proper command line arguments*
*
*
I get the following error:
"!SESSION 2013-11-07 18:45:50.151 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_22
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -application org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.launcher -project TestProject -version 1.0 -testsuite TestSuiteFirst -server localhost -port 59999 -autid adderSwing SwingAut -resultdir /Users/sukhanov/Documents/thesis/report -datadir /Users/sukhanov/Documents/thesis/report -language en_US -dbuser root -dbpw pause -dburl jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jubula Command-line arguments: -application org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.launcher -data /Users/sukhanov/Documents/thesis/workspace/../runtime-org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.launcher -dev file:/Users/sukhanov/Documents/thesis/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.launcher/dev.properties -consoleLog -project TestProject -version 1.0 -testsuite TestSuiteFirst -server localhost -port 59999 -autid adderSwing SwingAut -resultdir /Users/sukhanov/Documents/thesis/report -datadir /Users/sukhanov/Documents/thesis/report -language en_US -dbuser root -dbpw pause -dburl jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jubula

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-11-07 18:45:56.774
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.jubula.tools.exception.GDConfigXmlException
at org.eclipse.jubula.toolkit.common.xml.businessprocess.ComponentBuilder.getCompSystem(ComponentBuilder.java:194)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.ClientTest.<init>(ClientTest.java:203)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.ClientTestFactory.getClientTest(ClientTestFactory.java:44) at org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.batch.ExecutionController.<init>(ExecutionController.java:327) at org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.batch.ExecutionController.getInstance(ExecutionController.java:341)
at org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.Client.preRun(Client.java:63)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.cmd.AbstractCmdlineClient.run(AbstractCmdlineClient.java:401) at org.eclipse.jubula.client.cmd.AbstractLauncher.start(AbstractLauncher.java:26) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
An error has occurred. See the log file
/Users/sukhanov/Documents/thesis/runtime-org.eclipse.jubula.app.cmd.launcher/.metadata/.log."

If i try starting not cmd client - i still get this error in log file.
This indicates that you did not add the dependencies to our "org.eclipse.jubula.toolkit.provider.*" - adding all of these bundles (and their dependencies) to the plug-ins of the application you're launching should resolve the problem with a non-existing "Component-System". There is no hard dependency between the testexec and those bundles as there are coupled pretty loosely.
Please, can u help me with fixing this?
I appreciate any help, cause I am a bit desperate after trying to build jubula for three weeks already and always running in random problems.
Don't hesitate to ask earlier in the future ;-) - I'll add a pre-defined launch-configuration for the testexec for the master branch today and place it here: "org.eclipse.jubula.project.configuration/ide-launch/testexec.launch" to hopefully avoid problems invoking the testexec from the IDE in future.
Thanks a lot in advance!
=

Best regards,
Sukhanov Egor