[jubula-dev] Introduction and some questions

Hi

I am working Elexis, an Eclipse RCP program for all aspects of a medical
practice (see http://elexis.info), where we use Jubula for some (still
rudimentary) GUI tests (integrated in a Jenkins-CI setup).

As we have over 20 files using org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.Hyperlink I would
prefer to help Jubula to map correctly these objects. I have no problem using
a daily build of the trunk usable with our Eclipse 3.8 based RCP. I also
considered following http://www.subshell.com/en/subshell/blog/Extending-
Jubula-For-Custom-SWT-Controls-In-RCP-Applications100.html but would prefer to
add something other could benefit from, too.

I started with a clone of the jubula-core.git and after digging around in
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jubula/JubulaContribGuid and the Jenkins setup I think
the "Maven Build Sequence" should be changed from
 $ mvn clean verify
  $ mvn clean verify -f org.eclipse.jubula.releng/pom.xml

Is it okay to update the Wiki accordingly?

Running the command above generates a p2 repository under
org.eclipse.jubula.site/target/repository/, which I can use to install it into
my Juno Eclipse.

Can you tell me how I can generate the executable RCP Jubula product?

Also I would appreciate if you could point me to a good example howto enable
object mapping. Also it seems that your refactoring code. Do you also plan to
refactor the object mapping?

Best regards

Niklaus Giger

Back to the top