[jubula-dev] Best practice: How do you debug RC code?

Hi,

I'm working with the Jubulas source code for some time now. While debugging the client code (of course) is easy as usual, the "code-try-debug" cycle is very hard if I extend the RC code (i.e. code that runs in the AUT). The reason is, that in case I have a change in let's say org.eclipse.jubula.rc.common, I have to execute the whole maven build script to finally get my org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp plugin which I can run in my AUT.

I already tried (for debugging purposes only) to not export the required plugins of org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp as jar files but to simply load them as plugins in the AUT which is not working because of class loader problems.

So the question is: How does your "code-try-debug" cycle look like? Do you also have to execute the whole maven script all the time?

Best regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Scharf, M.Sc.