[jubula-dev] Fwd: Re: [technology-pmc] Asking for Approval of Jubula 1.0.0 Graduation/Release review

Team,

I've noticed this too and mentioned it in the standup meeting. This can't be changed before Monday (Alex is out of office and it's actually 11pm local time :-)).

@Alex:  We have to provide more information on the web page.
Please do topics 1 and 2.

Topic 3 will be covered in the review.

Thanks for the pointers.

- Achim

BREDEX GmbH
Mauernstr. 33
38100 Braunschweig

Tel.: +49-531-24330-0
Fax:  +49-531-24330-99
http: www.bredex.de

Geschäftsführer: Hans-J. Brede, Achim Lörke, Ulrich Obst
Amtsgericht Braunschweig HRB 2450

--- Begin Message ---
2011/5/13 Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Bug 345755 - Consider eliminating 0.x versioning requirement for incubating
> projects
>
> Bug 345757 - Consider adding informal graduation readiness review

Thanks for opening these two bugs. I think what we had here was a
misunderstanding of how the EDP works and a failure for mentors to
notice. I would like to see the Jubula project work more in the open,
from mailing lists to offering some support in their forums (and also
put a link on their website to their forums as a link for open source
support, along with the professional support option). I am abstaining
for now until a couple things are done

1) website is fixed to include link to forums or user related mailing
list for support. See the Mylyn page on how to tastefully mix open
source and commercial support options
(http://eclipse.org/mylyn/support/)
2) The contributing section of the website
(http://eclipse.org/jubula/developers.php) needs to be fleshed out
more... please see the EGit Contributor Guide as a reference for a
good contributor guide. You should also potentially consider having
your documentation in the wiki (a future date)
3) have a concrete plan on how to operate more in the open, you can do
this in the graduation review

Once these things are fixed, I will put forward a +1 vote to continue
the release in the spirit of doing what's right. In the future though,
I expect projects to operate in the open as much as possible even
though the source comes from a mature product code base.

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org