[jsr220orm-dev] Fwd: broken persistence :-(

Hello -

I'm migrating from Hibernate to EJB persistence and was very excited to find your project

I've been trying to get the JSR220 M2 plugin to work since august. Unfortunately, I've have had a horrible time trying to get it to work, so far.

I've followed the online tutorials ( http://www.eclipse.org/jsr220orm/ flash_menu.html ) as closely as possible but keep getting exceptions like the one at the end of this message.

To make things more frustrating, I actually had the hibernate backed EJB persistence working for about 10 minutes this afternoon so I know that it *can* work. Unfortunately, I started getting an error about not being able to find the par file (even though the path in the error actually pointed to it) .

I've reinstalled Eclipse, Hibernate and JSR220 M2 5-6 times on my notebook (Mac OS X 10.4.2 / Java 5 ) and 2-3 times on two different windows XP machines. The only time a call such as this -

EntityManagerFactory entityManagerFactory = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("argh");

have worked for me was (briefly) this morning and I have no idea at all why it started working or why it stopped again.

I can't offer a procedure to reproduce the issue other than to duplicate the procedure offered in the above tutorial.

If you can offer any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them and would be happy to give any additional information you may require.

I realize that it's only a milestone release but am hoping that someone could help me out (and, ideally, that whatever issues I'm facing can be fixed before the final release).

Thanks and best regards,
Scott

------

15:01:53,215 INFO  [Environment] Hibernate 3.1 beta 3
15:01:53,244 INFO  [Environment] hibernate.properties not found
15:01:53,253 INFO  [Environment] using CGLIB reflection optimizer
15:01:53,262 INFO [Environment] using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling Exception in thread "main" javax.persistence.PersistenceException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.createEntityManagerFactory (Ejb3Configuration.java:149) at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory (HibernatePersistence.java:73) at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory (Persistence.java:37) at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory (Persistence.java:27)
    at business.manager.SimpleManager.<init>(SimpleManager.java:22)
    at business.manager.SimpleManager.main(SimpleManager.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
    at org.hibernate.util.EmptyIterator.next(EmptyIterator.java:18)
    at org.hibernate.util.JoinedIterator.next(JoinedIterator.java:53)
at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.bindId (AnnotationBinder.java:1493) at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.bindClass (AnnotationBinder.java:573) at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.processArtifactsOfType (AnnotationConfiguration.java:256) at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.secondPassCompile (AnnotationConfiguration.java:191) at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildMappings (Configuration.java:970) at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildMappings (Ejb3Configuration.java:607) at org.hibernate.ejb.EventListenerConfigurator.configure (EventListenerConfigurator.java:75) at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.createEntityManagerFactory (Ejb3Configuration.java:473) at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.createFactory (Ejb3Configuration.java:96) at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.createEntityManagerFactory (Ejb3Configuration.java:142)
    ... 5 more

Back to the top