Re: [jnosql-dev] Announcing Eclipse JNoSQL 1.1.0 Release

We got it; we will stay with the 1.x version.

On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 12:35 PM werner.keil--- via jnosql-dev <jnosql-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Congrats, though a bit curious why the 1.x (even 1.1.x) release with the relevant Jakarta EE standards (Data and more importantly NoSQL) are still not 1.0 Final yet?

Please let's not get ahead of ourselves and raise the major version to 2.x before the relevant specs also did, otherwise it would be very confusing.

We're not Spring or MicroProfile here ;-)

Werner

From: jnosql-dev <jnosql-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Otavio Santana via jnosql-dev <jnosql-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2024 7:42 PM
To: jnosql developer discussions <jnosql-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Otavio Santana <otaviopolianasantana@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jnosql-dev] Announcing Eclipse JNoSQL 1.1.0 Release

We are excited to announce the release of Eclipse JNoSQL 1.1.0, a significant step in simplifying Java’s integration with NoSQL databases.

Eclipse JNoSQL is a Java-based framework that seamlessly connects Java applications with NoSQL databases, reducing the complexities of NoSQL data management. It now leverages Jakarta Data and Jakarta EE standards, offering a unified API for simplified data access across diverse databases.

Some key highlights of this release:

  • Jakarta Data Version Upgrade: Aligns with the latest Jakarta EE standards, enhancing data access capabilities.
  • Enhanced Support for Inheritance: Further versatility in handling complex data models.
  • Jakarta Data Annotations: Simplify database operations with expressive annotations.
  • Sample Code: Easily set up and interact with Oracle NoSQL using Eclipse JNoSQL.

This release empowers developers to work with NoSQL databases more intuitively, making code more business-centric and easier to maintain.

For more details and code samples, visit our official repository at https://github.com/JNOSQL/demos-se.

Eclipse JNoSQL 1.1.0 is your key to leveraging the flexibility and scalability of NoSQL databases while adhering to Java enterprise standards. Try it today!

Article: https://dzone.com/articles/exploring-the-new-eclipse-jnosql-version-110-a-div

--

Thanks a lot,

Twitter | Linkedin | Youtube