[jnosql-dev] This PR is one proposal option about the TCK skeleton in the Jakarta NoSQL project.

Hello everyone.
I guess that is our first email in the year, so happy new year.

I want to start this year with the TCK discussion. Who has not idea what TCK is, briefly, TCK is the Technology Compatibility Kit (TCK) is a suite of tests that at least nominally checks a particular alleged implementation.

I’ve checked some TCKs, and I found two different structures:

  1. The first one is the TCK outside and with its repository.
    Examples:
  1. A TCK close to the API and the specification, it is the standard way that Eclipse Micprofile does:

I like the second option, for some reasons:

  • TCK close to the API
  • One repository less
  • Lesse repository might mean less complexity
  • It will be easier to change the API and TCK in the same PR.
  • Easier to CI

I created a PR:

Please, feel free to give any feedback about it.

--
Otávio Santana

Back to the top