[jgit-dev] Adding new protocol capability.

Hello.

I am a software engineer working for Google and I recently sent a
change (1) to the Git project to add a new protocol capability that
allows fetching metadata about git objects (currently only size is
supported, but eventually new metadata might be included) and I would
like to add the same support to JGit.

I think I mostly have my environment setup correctly for development
but Ihave some general questions about how to best fit this code with
the rest of the existing source code. Are there any pointers to how
protocol capabilities are generally implemented in JGit? Is there
anything I should be aware of before I start digging into the code?

Thanks in advance.

-Bruno

(1) https://lore.kernel.org/git/20210415212017.1407303-1-bga@xxxxxxxxxx/T/#u

Back to the top