[jgit-dev] Does egit or jgit has periodic file system checks?

Hello to all,

We are using egit (org.eclipse.egit feature ) that depends on jgit (org.eclipse.jgit feature)  into our customized eclipse that runs inside an environment that is license server based for file systems.
It means that, any time when a file is accessed, a license is checked out for 30 minutes. When it expires it is send back to the pool.
And we do have a limited amount of licenses.

First we used egit 5.4.0, but since we updated to 5.5.0 we started getting some license spikes: For about ~200 users ( who left eclipse open over night with some projects that are not egit projects based ) the licenses have been checked out in about 10 min.  It seems that eclipse is doing something in background with the file system and triggers the license checkout.

And I am trying to identify the root cause. Checking commits in egit, jgit between v.5.4.0.201906121030 & v.5.5.0.20190911043 .

And I am asking you, if you are aware about such processes that comes form egit, jgit or its dependencies.
E.g. Does the egit has a periodic file system scan, for the projects that eclipse has in Project Explorer and tries to automate some auto-association, or something related.

E.g. I do have the job "Compacting resource model" running each 5 minutes, which comes from org.eclipse.core.internal.utils.StringPoolJob.java and it's participant is from org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager  implements IStringPoolParticipant , and I am not sure yet which plugin registered this SaveManager and if it is related to our problem.

Thank you in advance and be safe.
Lidia

Back to the top