[jgit-dev] ramp down for 5.5.0 release

Hi,

I created the stable-5.5 branches and contributed milestone 5.5.0 M3 to the
release train's 2019-09 M3 milestone and bumped the version to 5.6.0-SNAPSHOT
on master. On the master branch you can download the 5.5.0 M3 p2 repository [1]
and use it as API baseline for 5.6 until the final 5.5.0 is released.

There are 2 release candidates for the release train ahead. We can contribute to
  • RC1 until Wed Sept 4
  • and to RC2 until Wed Sept 11
  • GA is on Wed Sept 18
See [2] for the release train schedule.

Move fixes pending in review which you want in 5.5.0 to the stable-5.5 branch.
You can use Gerrit's Move Change REST API to move an open change to another branch [3].
This will only modify the change metadata. You still have to rebase the corresponding
git commits to stable-5.5 and push them to stable-5.5 for review otherwise they cannot
be submitted if they are still on the wrong base version. Let me know if you need help,
I can also move changes for you.

[1] https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/releases/org/eclipse/egit/org.eclipse.egit.repository/5.5.0.201908280940-m3/org.eclipse.egit.repository-5.5.0.201908280940-m3.zip
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Category:SimRel-2019-09
[3] https://git.eclipse.org/r/Documentation/rest-api-changes.html#move-change
(in newer Gerrit versions there's a button in the UI for moving changes)

-Matthias

Back to the top