From: <jgit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Christian Bongiorno <christian.bongiorno@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, 18. November 2018 at 18:01
To: "jgit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jgit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jgit-dev] streaming feature?

I recently had to write some groovy code to manage a migration from stash to BB cloud and this library was essential.

One thing that would have been extremely handy was the elimination of needing the file system at all for this job. Ideally, I would have been able to set the checkout to a new output stream that represented a connection to the new repo URI. Then when I cloned the repo it would have went straight to the new repo

I don't know the underlying details of git enough to know how it transfers files but this would have been a pretty slick feature.

--

Christian Bongiorno

Back to the top