Re: [jgit-dev] jgit-4.8 target platform does not load on master and stable-5.1

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 6:16 AM David Pursehouse <david.pursehouse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 1:05 PM David Pursehouse <david.pursehouse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 12:45 AM Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 1:03 PM David Pursehouse <david.pursehouse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Recently I've been unable to build the master branch of jgit in Eclipse (version 2018-09) because the jgit-4.8 target platform doesn't load, showing several "Unable to locate installable unit" errors.  See the screenshot [1].

The same also happens on the stable-5.1 branch.

However, if I switch to stable-5.0 the target file's content is different. Reloading it is successful and the project can build.

Then if I switch back to stable-5.1 and master, they successfully build, but the target platform dialog shows the same errors again.

Is there something I'm missing to make this work properly on stable-5.1 and master, or is it broken?

Thanks.

this works here. I am using Eclipse 2018-09 committer package from [1].

I think this happens when downloaded some corrupt jar from a mirror or p2's cache got corrupted.
I think that's located here [2] under the Eclipse workspace folder.

I tried removing the cache but that didn't fix it.

Did you try to reload the target platform ? "Open With > Target Editor", then click "Reload target platform".

Yes, I tried this but it just kept failing with the same error.

In the worst case try to create a new Eclipse workspace, this usually fixes the issue.

In the end I did this and it seems to have fixed it.

I spoke too soon.  After restarting Eclipse the problem comes back, even in the new workspace.

Then I'd file a bug for PDE here
in order to seek advise from the developers of the plugin development environment.

-Matthias

I think I'll probably keep a separate workspace for jgit from now, to prevent that I lose all my other project configurations if/when this happens again.

[2] ./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository/cache

-Matthias

Back to the top