Re: [jgit-dev] Another AIOOBE in TreeWalk.next/DirCache.getEntry

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:06 AM Marc Strapetz <marc.strapetz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have now received a repository for which another (quite frequently)
reported AIOOBE in DirCache.getEntry() can be reproduced with a certain
kind of TreeWalk. From .git/index it looks like there are many duplicate
entries which should probably not be possible, still command line Git is
able to cope with that.

        at org.eclipse.jgit.dircache.DirCache.getEntry(DirCache.java:892)
        at
org.eclipse.jgit.dircache.DirCacheIterator.parseEntry(DirCacheIterator.java:242)
        at
org.eclipse.jgit.dircache.DirCacheIterator.parseEntry(DirCacheIterator.java:238)
        at
org.eclipse.jgit.dircache.DirCacheIterator.next(DirCacheIterator.java:220)
        at
org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.AbstractTreeIterator.skip(AbstractTreeIterator.java:694)
        at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.TreeWalk.skipEntriesEqual(TreeWalk.java:1369)
        at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.TreeWalk.next(TreeWalk.java:868)

Unfortunately, TreeWalk/DirCache internals are beyond my scope of
understanding. But the reporter gave permission to share this repository
(74M), though asked me to not make it public. So is there anyone
interested in having a look?

yes

-Matthias

Back to the top