Re: [jgit-dev] JGit's overuse of IOException

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 7:13 PM, Jonathan Nieder <jrn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Thomas Wolf wrote:

Some clean-up is in order, but it’s probably not going to
be easy. Targeting 5.0 even for deprecations is probably a bit
ambitious — that’s just one month away.

Fully agreed --- sorry I didn't make that clearer. There's no hurry.

ok, let's target this post 5.0

I propose we move the remaining work for 5.0 to the stable-5.0 branch
after I tagged our contribution to Photon RC1, I'll try to tag that later today.

I have a bad habit of not paying attention to the release schedule at all (except as it affects regressions affecting a large number of users), since I generally just use "master". I sent the email so that we can agree on where we want to end up eventually, avoiding unnecessary API churn that would later be reverted, and so that it can be fixed eventually.

anyone who volunteers to come up with a first proposal ?

-Matthias

Back to the top