Re: [jgit-dev] Avoiding unnecessary use of "final"

Matthias Sohn wrote:
On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM, Jonathan Nieder <jrn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When to use `final` modifier and when not (in new code):
[...]
Objections? Are there tools that can update older parts of the codebase that overuse 'final' (just like older parts of Gerrit did)? Other thoughts?

Doesn't Han-Wen's change already remove those ?

I sent this email before I realized how thorough his change was and then was pleasantly surprised. :)

Han-Wen's change removes some instances but not all (I think it only looks for 'final' on the first line of a parameter list, and only for methods with a visibility qualifier).

Thanks,
Jonathan

Back to the top