Re: [jgit-dev] Eclipse warnings and contributors that don't use Eclipse

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 2:09 AM Martin Fick <mfick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 01:41:33 PM Matthias Sohn
wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Matthias Sohn
> <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >> [1] http://bugs.eclipse.org/533992
> >
> > I found a way to use the Eclipse compiler in the Maven
> > build: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/121700/
>
> I verified it detects the deprecated method link in
> javadoc and null analysis problems we saw in Eclipse
> which were fixed in https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/121602/
> and
> https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/121688/
>
> Not sure if there is a way to set an API baseline to run
> API analysis from Maven

Is this running now?  It seems like it flags any problem in
the codebase, not just the code being altered?  It flagged
lots of issues in my change in files I didn't touch:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/122060/

According to the logs, the ecj profile is not used:

[WARNING] The requested profile "ecj" could not be activated because it does not exist.

Looking at the rest of the log, it seems to be failing with Javadoc errors which is strange.  We did some work on that some weeks ago and these should be flagged only as warnings, not errors.

That said, the previous change in the series:

is failing with a legitimate compilation error due to the LOG variable being removed.

-Martin
--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation