Re: [jgit-dev] stable-4.1 fixes

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 1:32 AM, David Pursehouse <david.pursehouse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018, 23:01 Matthias Sohn, <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 9:52 PM, Nasser Grainawi <nasser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm doing some work to stabilize the Gerrit 2.12 release series that we're running in several places still internally. As part of that, I found a few JGit commits that I'd like to backport to the stable-4.1 branch.

You can see the fixes as the latest 12 commits on https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/gerrit4msm/jgit/log/?h=stable-4.1-backports

Not being a project committer, I can't push them for review. :(

no, everyone who has registered an Eclipse account and signed the Eclipse CLA
can contribute to JGit and any other Eclipse project. See [1]

IIRC it's not possible for a non-committer to push a commit that is authored by another user.

you are right, I forgot about this restriction

I cherry-picked the patches you want and pushed them for stable-4.1
I couldn't add you as a reviewer, I hit the following error:
Nasser Grainawi <nasser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> does not identify a registered user or group

Please review this series and let me know if you really want 4.1.3 or if you can use 4.5.4 like we do

If someone would be kind enough to help me push these for review (and then to help make a new stable-4.1 release), I'd greatly appreciate it. Alternatively, if someone wants to grant myself or Martin Fick the powers to do all that ourselves (and suffer through our questions about how to make a release), that would work too.

I'd recommend you consider to run Gerrit 2.12 with JGit v4.5.4.201711221230-r.
We successfully use this combination productively since quite a while.
Many of the fixes of newer versions were downported to JGit stable-4.5
since that's the last release supporting Java 7.

-Matthias