Re: [jgit-dev] stable-4.1 fixes

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018, 23:01 Matthias Sohn, <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 9:52 PM, Nasser Grainawi <nasser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm doing some work to stabilize the Gerrit 2.12 release series that we're running in several places still internally. As part of that, I found a few JGit commits that I'd like to backport to the stable-4.1 branch.

You can see the fixes as the latest 12 commits on https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/gerrit4msm/jgit/log/?h=stable-4.1-backports

Not being a project committer, I can't push them for review. :(

no, everyone who has registered an Eclipse account and signed the Eclipse CLA
can contribute to JGit and any other Eclipse project. See [1]

IIRC it's not possible for a non-committer to push a commit that is authored by another user.

If someone would be kind enough to help me push these for review (and then to help make a new stable-4.1 release), I'd greatly appreciate it. Alternatively, if someone wants to grant myself or Martin Fick the powers to do all that ourselves (and suffer through our questions about how to make a release), that would work too.

I'd recommend you consider to run Gerrit 2.12 with JGit v4.5.4.201711221230-r.
We successfully use this combination productively since quite a while.
Many of the fixes of newer versions were downported to JGit stable-4.5
since that's the last release supporting Java 7.

-Matthias