Re: [jgit-dev] LFS

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Duft Markus
<Markus.Duft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know that SAP lost interest in LFS – but I did not ;) I picked up this
> commit: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/83506/9 and rebased to somewhere on
> 4.8.1 which we are using. I then registered the filters in EGit Activator
> something like done in https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/76591/3
>

> I also managed to setup a test repo with this .gitattributes:
>

> $ cat .gitattributes
>
> *.lfs.txt filter=lfs diff=lfs merge=lfs -text
>

> And this .git/config:
>

> $ cat .git/config
>
> [core]
>
>                 repositoryformatversion = 0
>
>                 filemode = true
>
>                 logallrefupdates = true
>
> [filter "lfs"]
>
>                 clean = jgit://builtin/lfs/clean
>
>                 smudge = jgit://builtin/lfs/smudge
>
>                 required = true
>

> I successfully test local commits, and verified that the LFS pointers are
> the actual git objects as expected.
>

> There are couple of questions for me now:
>

> ·         Apart from the mentioned two commits, is there anything “big”
> open? Or is it just finalization of what’s there? For instance I cannot see
> any “upload” code? Where would that go?
>
> ·         It seems the repository is now no longer usable with CGIT (“error:
> external filter jgit://builtin/lfs/clean failed”). Is there a way to make a
> repository usable with CGIT and JGIT?

The filter name strings you configure in .git/config must be identical
between the two systems. That means you should configure the filter
name string for git-core and then JGit needs to recognize that name
specially, and swap in its logic instead of launching that command.

Back to the top