[jgit-dev] GIT replace

Hey,

We are thinking about splitting out repositories history, as it is getting quite large recently. To allow history browsing for our developers, we will provide a script that ‘git replace’s the old history onto the new repo. Unfortunately it seems that JGIT does not support reading git replace refs. Now my question to the experts: Do you think this is much effort to implement? I do not need to be able to use git replace from the IDE, but the history view and annotations in the editor should show the replaced history…

I am willing to give it a shot and try to implement it if I get some hints on how/where to start J

Cheers,

Markus

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Markus Duft | Software Architect

SSI SCHÄFER | SSI Schäfer IT Solutions GmbH | Friesachstraße 15 | 8114 Friesach bei Graz | Austria

Phone +43 3127 200-575 | Fax +43 3127 200-22

markus.duft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website | Blog | YouTube | Facebook

SSI Schäfer IT Solutions GmbH | Friesachstrasse 15 | 8114 Friesach | Austria
Registered Office: Friesach | Commercial Register: 49324 K | VAT no. ATU28654300
Commercial Court: Landesgericht für Zivilrechtssachen Graz

Back to the top