[jgit-dev] Enhancement suggestion

Hi JGit dev community,

There's some missing functionality in JGit that I'd like to see.  I could clearly build this independently on top of JGit, but if it's something you think would be appropriate to include, I'd rather contribute to the wider community so other people can use the functionality too.

If this is not the right place to raise an enhancement suggestion, please point me in the right direction.  I didn't want to raise it as a bug because it's not one; and there is no Issues page on https://github.com/eclipse/jgit.

Specifics:
-  The `git describe` command (https://git-scm.com/docs/git-describe) supports regex pattern matching of tag names via the `--match` option.
-  The equivalent in JGit (`porcelain.describe().call()`) does not support this.  I would like this feature and would suggest adding it via a `setMatch(String regex)` method or similar on the `DescribeCommand` class.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers

Olly Lockwood

--