Re: [jgit-dev] GC performance change since upgrade to 2.14

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Dave Borowitz <dborowitz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Martin Fick <mfick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday, June 02, 2017 02:00:55 PM Matthias Sohn wrote:
> > On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 3:24:23 AM UTC+1, David > >>
On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 12:17 PM, thomasmulhall410 via
> >> Repo and Gerrit
> Discussion <repo-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I was giving a reason on why not rollback the version in
> > jgit
> >
> > But if auto gc is enabled by default can we add the
> > config in gerrit to disable auto gc please?
>
> please avoid top posting on this list
>
> Can't you set
> gc.auto=0
> gc.autopacklimit=0
> in ~/.gitconfig in order to switch off auto gc globally ?

I don't know if that works.  If it does, it is something
that will likely be missed by most users.  I would consider
having to edit this (or any) file to disable auto-gc a
serious regression in Gerrit.  Running auto-gc in Gerrit is
very inappropriate since it bypasses thread controls and
does not use Gerrit's executors, it should be disabled by
default, and not left enabled to potentially trip up
unsuspecting users,

+1 (but again, this doesn't affect me personally)

any hint where in Gerrit the default jgit configuration could be tweaked ?

-Matthias

Back to the top