Re: [jgit-dev] Binary files in ApplyCommand

Thanks, Shawn. I pushed all the corrections to https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/78350/ for your review.

Unfortunately it seems the Hudson job fails for an unrelated reason. Based on the Hudson job history, it seems that both failing tests (testCleanFilterReturning12 and testCleanFilterEnvironment) fail fairly frequently, although I cannot reproduce locally. Is this a known issue? Should we re-trigger Hudson?

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:21 PM Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Nadav Cohen <nadavcoh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi JGit team,
>
> As part of our work on gradle-lint-plugin[1] at Netflix, we needed to patch
> JGit to allow applying binary patches - or more specifically - apply new and
> *literal* binary patches. This work includes an implementation of of Git's
> custom base85 encoding/decoding engine, zip support, and the glue code to
> apply the right type of patch in `ApplyCommand`. There is no support for
> binary deltas yet, but most of the foundation is there.
>
> I'd love to contribute this code back to JGit, so any feedback/guidance is
> highly appreciated.
>
> The PR has been pushed to https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/78350/

Thank you for sending this; I'll take a look.