[jgit-dev] Binary files in ApplyCommand

Hi JGit team,

As part of our work on gradle-lint-plugin[1] at Netflix, we needed to patch JGit to allow applying binary patches - or more specifically - apply new and *literal* binary patches. This work includes an implementation of of Git's custom base85 encoding/decoding engine, zip support, and the glue code to apply the right type of patch in `ApplyCommand`. There is no support for binary deltas yet, but most of the foundation is there.

I'd love to contribute this code back to JGit, so any feedback/guidance is highly appreciated.

The PR has been pushed to https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/78350/

Thanks,
Nadav

[1]: https://github.com/nebula-plugins/gradle-lint-plugin