Re: [jgit-dev] JGit DFS backend - has anyone tried to implement Cassandra?

On 7 Jan 2016, at 15:37, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

_If_ you wanted to put everything into Cassandra, I would chunk pack
files into say 1 MiB chunks and store the chunks in individual rows.
This means configuring the DfsBlockCache using
DfsBlockCacheConfig.setBlockSize(1 * MB). When creating a new pack
generate a random unique name for the DfsPackDescription and use that
name and the block offset as the row key.

My recollection is that the DfsGarbageCollector coalesced everything into a single pack (that wasn’t garbage, which got its own pack and gets deleted later)

Of course I may have got that bit wrong too :)

That would mean that triggering a repo.gc() would potentially overflow the Cassandra based storage, wouldn’t it?

Alex

Back to the top