Re: [jgit-dev] Buck build for JGit

> Am 01.01.2016 um 05:28 schrieb Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Thomas Meyer <thomas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> First build:
>>>  mvn package:   7m19.584s
>>>  buck build/test:  2m9.535s
>>>
>>> No-op rebuild:
>>>  mvn:  8m16.095s
>>>  buck:  0m8.296s
>>
>> Do you know why exactly maven is so slow?
>
> No, its Maven.
>
>> How did you invoke it?
>
> mvn package
>
>> Did you run with -T 1C ?
>
> Sure, it took 15m38.326s and didn't tell me much.

Huh, 15 minutes? Strange, as above first build in single thread mode took "only" 7 minutes. I would have expected a faster execution in parallel mode.
Maven has this silly default to build everything in single thread mode, using option "-T 1C" enables parallel build using 1 thread per cpu core.

With kind regards
Thomas

Back to the top