[jgit-dev] AccessControlException for .gitconfig file

Hello,

I am trying to find a solution to an AccessControlException with the .gitconfig, .gitignore, and excludesfile. I do not want to give the JVM read rights to any of these files, but it seems like JGit requires it. I see that the code already handles the case where these files do not exist, but not the case where the files exist and JGit doesn't have read access to them.

I have come up with a simple solution that catches these AccessControlExceptions and handles them the same way that it does when the file does not exist.

Is anyone familiar with a better workaround for this issue? and is this a feasible change that could be integrated into JGit, I really do not want to fork?

Thanks for your time,
Matt

Back to the top