Re: [jgit-dev] Missing tree during self-tests on NonStop

I like that JGit gains one more supported platform. But we should take
care that we are not slowing down JGit on standard JVMs. Doing extra
file-system calls is something I really avoid in JGit. I am not caring
too much about JGitTestUtil but changes to the run-time code should
not decrease performance. Maybe one could add a detection whether we
run on a JVM/filesystem which creates executable files on
File.createNewFile() and set a flag. That flag could be used to do
avoid extra filesystem calls to correct the executable bits. Or,
alternatively, when initializing repositories in the filesystem check
the behaviour of File.createNewFile() and set a configuration
parameter (like core.filemode).

Ciao
  Chris

Back to the top