[jgit-dev] FileMode values failing self-tests on NonStop

Brief intro - I am involved in porting git, JGit, and Gerrit over to the HP
NonStop OSS platform. Git went pretty well, so far anyway, although we have
timeout issues from EGit (not relevant to this). For JGit, we are currently
building for JDK 1.6, and it is not passing 16 AddCommand tests, due to file
mode mismatches, for example:

testAddExistingSingleBinaryFile(org.eclipse.jgit.api.AddCommandTest)  Time
elapsed: 1.936 sec  <<< FAILURE!
org.junit.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[a.txt, mode:100[644], content:row1
row2...> but was:<[a.txt, mode:100[755], content:row1
row2...>
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:115)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:144)
        at
org.eclipse.jgit.api.AddCommandTest.testAddExistingSingleBinaryFile(AddComma
ndTest.java:179)

The platform is a Big-Endian Itanium with a POSIXesque file system. A visual
inspection of the FileMode, AddCommand, NB, IO code were unrevealing as to
why the mode test would fail. All other non-mode-related tests pass, except
GitConstructionTest, which I am just guessing may be related. This applies
from HEAD back to at least commit 8899006. Has this happened elsewhere?

Cheers,
Randall

-- Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately
UNIX(421664400)/NonStop(211288444200000000)
-- In real life, I talk too much.

Back to the top