Re: [jgit-dev] Creating the equivalent of "git diff"

In JGit this means you parse HEAD out of the Repository and the working tree is a FileTreeIterator.

I believe I tried that; I replaced DirCacheIterator in the code I shared before with the following:

CanonicalTreeParser ctp = new CanonicalTreeParser();
ctp.reset(repo,newObjectReader(), repo.resolve("HEAD^{tree}"));
List<DiffEntry> entries = df.scan(ctp, fti);

It respects gitignore, but I get every file in my repo, rather than just the modified ones. I'll keep trying with this approach and will update if anything changes. I'll take a look at DiffCommand as well.