[jgit-dev] Compare index with HEAD

Hi,

is there some fast and easy way to check whether there are any changes between index and HEAD? I want to find out whether a commit is necessary. I can create a DirCache and Tree iterator and do a full RevWalk to check whether there are any differences. But I can't find a way to simply compare the tree sha1 of the HEAD and index. And I thought that this would be much easier and faster. One problem is that I can't get access to the ObjectID of DirCacheTree. Am I missing something or is there no faster method than a full RevWalk?

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309

Back to the top