Re: [jgit-dev] Question about Pull and Merge

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Andres Felipe Gomez Mogollon <anfgomezmo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I had been trying to test the merge command or pull commnad even fetch. The problem is this I have a local repo and a remote repo. In the local repo I have some commits that hadn't been pushed yet into the remote but the remote has new files that are needed to be pulled, so far I had tried MergeResult for example or the simple PullResult command but the problem is that I am still getting

org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.JGitInternalException: Exception caught during execution of merge command. org.eclipse.jgit.errors.MissingObjectException: Missing commit 6e79836f59aa33d06919f728945e025aa70ff5fd

I know that is the commit that is in the local and wasn't pushed in the remote, I wonder, how can I pull from the remote without the need of push certain commits?? I tried Merge no commits, Pull, Fetch, Rebase, I know I am doing something wrong, could you give me a clue.

which version of JGit are you using ?

Try with current master, there was a fix recently
the problem this fixed could be the same like your problem.

--
Matthias

Back to the top