Re: [jgit-dev] [Announce] JGit / EGit 3.3 RC1

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Rüdiger Herrmann <ruediger.herrmann@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that JGit now imports some packages from org.apache.http. This change affects the (transient) dependencies of each consumer of JGit

>From what I understand, an abstraction over the JDK HttpURLConnection was introduced [1] and an implementation of this abstraction that uses Apache HttpConnection is used to support 'certain cloud infrastructures' [2].

Is there a reason why apache.http.* is required for all consumers of o.e.jgit (instead of only those that whish to use the alternative apache HttpConnection)?

Regards
Rüdiger

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/jgit/commit/38c4f35d8b911426e007716697b37d746740b788
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/jgit/commit/2290516ddb5a92ccc296df500aa5e9e30cbc240e

we missed this aspect of introducing an alternative http implementation.
Will move it to another optional bundle.

pushed fix for review

--
Matthias

Back to the top