Re: [jgit-dev] plexus-archiver as optional "jgit archive" dependency

2012/12/3 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Jonathan Nieder <jrn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been working on the "jgit archive" command to support code
> search and snapshot download links[*].  This isn't a core jgit
> feature but just a nicety for most users, I suspect.
> Plexus Archiver (org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-archiver on Maven
> central, development repo at http://github.com/sonatype/plexus-archiver)
> is a multi-format archiver library under the Apache License
> version 2.0.
> What would you think of teaching JGit to use plexus-archiver
> opportunistically, as a "works-with" dependency?  If it seems like a
> good idea, what's the first step?

This should be fine if the code that uses it is in its own
library/JAR/plugin and therefore is completely optional.

Chris, did the Plexus Archiver come into Eclipse as part of the Maven
stuff that came in? It may already be in Orbit.

plexus archiver 2.2 is available:

commons compress 1.3 is available:

commons compress 1.3 is approved but I couldn't find it in any Orbit build.
Or do I miss something ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top