Re: [jgit-dev] jGit memory management and optimizations

>> It's not about releasing the memory back to the OS, it's about just not using so much of it. Ideally I would like some way to configure jGit to only cache 100MB in RAM and re-load/re-compute cache misses.
>
> That's a nice dream. Not sure you can get there without making it so
> slow that its unusable. Try getting more RAM, its fairly cheap these
> days. Its not like we are still in the 640 KiB is enough for anyone
> days of DOS.

Oh, I have more than enough RAM. But for an application that runs nicely with -xmx 200MB it's a bit odd that adding jgit means I have to raise that another 500MB just to be certain it doesn't OOME on a large git repository.

Thank you for your feedback.

Since this problem seems hard to fix I'll lower its priority and just take jGit as it is.

--emi

Back to the top