Re: [jgit-dev] core.streamFileThreshold and large objects

On 06/01/2012 11:12 AM, Marc Strapetz wrote:
> When reading a LargePackedDeltaObject it usually (or always?) results in
> a hang, hence I'd prefer to not use this code at all. To achieve that I
> could increase the streamFileTheshold to Integer.MAX_VALUE. On the other
> hand, it makes sense to stream a LargePackedWholeObject. So what about
> introducing a system property in PackFile which avoids instantiation of
> a LargePackedDeltaObject, basically:

i debugged the code a while ago [1], and i realized, that it does not hang at all. it's just so dead slow, that it will never finish ;) i tried this with a 200MB file, and it managed to process ~100MB in 12 hours IIRC...

maybe this should just be fixed instead of changing limits.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jgit-dev/msg01563.html

Regards,
Markus