Re: [jgit-dev] Shallow fetching

I head back from the Atlassian guys (see here:  https://github.com/atlassian/org.eclipse.jgit-atlassian/commit/e28f504193673b3b7ffebc868f17b43ae982e80b#commitcomment-1216657 ).

They did confirm writing the code while working for Atlassian, and that Atlassian is interested in licensing the contributions under the Eclipse License.

I imagine the right next step would be for someone experienced in the JGit code to review the approach for the commit there - and I can look at doing any necessary modifications.

Regards,
-Vineet

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Vineet Sinha <vineet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 15:24, Vineet Sinha <vineet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The client portion of shallow support is not yet implemented.
>>
>> Its a non-trivial amount of work, but if you were to implement it ...
>> we would love to have the patches!  :-)
>

> Thanks for the quick response. I am looking into it.
>
> I found this - do you guys have any thoughts for/against against the commits
> here: https://github.com/atlassian/org.eclipse.jgit-atlassian/commit/e28f504193673b3b7ffebc868f17b43ae982e80b

Never seen it before. But to build from that code we need Atlassian to
confirm they wrote the code and are licensing it under the EDL.

I will try to get in touch with them.

-Vineet

Back to the top