Re: [jgit-dev] How to deal with LargeObjectException in RevWalk.parseCommit?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 11:24, Marc Strapetz <marc.strapetz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> We could make this a repository level configuration setting, with the
>> default being the current 5 MiB. If users need it bigger, they could
>> set a larger limit in .git/config or ~/.gitconfig.
>
> OK. In addition I'd still add a setter to change the default limit, e.g.
> SmartGit usually runs with -Xmx256M, so I'd probably have 128M as
> default here. The few remaining users which use their pagefile.sys for
> the commit message will have to change their repository configuration.
> If there are no objections, I'll prepare a corresponding patch.

It probably makes sense to connect this with the WindowCacheConfig. Or
maybe we just use core.streamFileThreshold here?

Oh, now I remember. I wanted to make sure we could process most
commits, so I just hard coded this to 5 MiB. But we could do the
larger of 5 MiB or core.streamFileThreshold.

Back to the top