Re: [jgit-dev] Does RevWalk properly support FollowFilters ?

Hey,

On 30 January 2012 18:17, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:00, Alan <alan.mcgovern@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Firstly if this is the wrong place, apologies. Just let me know where I
> should be asking these questions and I'll go there.
>
> I'm having an issue using FollowFilters in jgit. I have a file which was
> committed and then renamed twice. I want to view all the history including
> these renames so I create a RevWalk, set the start commit as the head commit
> and use a FollowFilter with the current name of a file. When I walk the
> revisions, I do not get commits from before the file was renamed. A command
> line "git log --follow file" would give me all three commits in my
> repository.
>
> Is this supported at all or am I just doing it incorrectly?

Its supported, but I think the FollowFilter must be the only
TreeFilter added to the RevWalk. Can you share some example code of
how you initialized the RevWalk?

Yeah, it was a initialisation issue. I was modifying existing code and didn't realise that an additional (useless) filter was being added later on and that was breaking things. It's working perfectly now.

Thanks!
Alan

Back to the top