Re: [jgit-dev] JGit DFS code in main bundle?

On 30 Nov 2011, at 07:59, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

and contributed everything as a new package in the main
JGit bundle. I wonder if we shouldn't shuffle this to its own bundle
before we cut the next release.

yes, I think it's a good idea to move the DFS code into it's own
maven artifact and OSGi bundle

I agree - the more modular we make it, the easier it is for those to customise what others use.

However this is a backward compatibility breaking change for those that have used JGit/DFS in the past. If we are strictly following semantic versioning we should bump the major number to denote this.

Alex

Back to the top