Re: [jgit-dev] JGit with Google Code Git : application/x-git-upload-pack-result vs application/x-git-upload-pack-response

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 02:24, Roberto Tyley <roberto.tyley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Smart HTTP git transport newly offered by Google Code seems to be a
> little funky - while it works with CGit, cloning with JGit fails with this
> error:
>
> expected Content-Type application/x-git-upload-pack-result; received
> Content-Type application/x-git-upload-pack-response

Oh my, this is embarrassing. This is my fault. I failed to test JGit
against the service before the Project Hosting team launched, so we
didn't notice it before now. I'll poke around and see if we can get
the servers fixed soon.

Its also my fault the CGit client doesn't check the response
Content-Type, while JGit does... and is very strict about what it gets
back. We may want to consider making JGit a bit more liberal in what
it accepts from the server, since the C version doesn't check the
Content-Type at all.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top