Re: [jgit-dev] GSOC 2011 Git

This is probably a good time to disclose that I'm actually writing an Android client for Git, and have been for the past few months! I'm planning to release it in a couple of weeks time - sorry, I didn't realise this was one of the proposals for the GSOC, otherwise I would have piped up sooner...

It's been an interesting challenge, especially given the memory-constraints of Android devices - some of the early problems I ran into needed patches to JGit help reduce memory consumption, like I1d9b3a8b & I862afd4c - which happily ended up being beneficial in general, not just to googlephones :-)

best regards,
Roberto