Re: [jgit-dev] git tag --contains <commit>

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:23, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm wondering if we should add a ContainsTagCommand (or some other
> clever name) to include this functionality.

Probably.

I was wrong about how `git tag --contains` is implemented, the current
C Git implementation uses the same algorithm you use here. But Jeff
King just posted an optimization to the algorithm a few days ago. So
we probably should wrap the code up into a function somewhere in JGit
so we can later try to improve on it and application users can benefit
from that improvement.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top