Re: [jgit-dev] JGit - constant 100% CPU usage in MyersDiff

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Christian Halstrick
<christian.halstrick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I personally have not seen the inifinite loop but I think Shawn was
> once hunting for such a problem. See here:
> http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=487
>

> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 17:36, Zivkov, Sasa <sasa.zivkov@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On our internal Gerrit system I found out that Gerrit process is constantly using 100% of CPU.
>> Using Gerrit 2.1.5.

I don't have a fix, but Gerrit 2.1.6-rc1 contains a work-around where
MyersDiff computations that are taking too long are aborted by
Thread.stop(), and the page is displayed without the intraline
difference data.  This makes it less risky to run with intraline
difference enabled on your server, as threads won't get stuck in an
infinite loop forever.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top