Re: [jgit-dev] MyersDiffPerformanceTest awfully slow on build.eclipse.org

2010/9/17 Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2010/9/17 Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Igor Fedorenko <ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you sure you don't have JIT disabled? MyersDiffPerformanceTest
> finishes in ~19 seconds on my rather old desktop running linux and
> latest IBM java 6.

You know, we may have disabled the JIT to work around a bug in the JIT
that caused an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException during a SHA-1
computation... because the JIT changed the length of an array.  :-)

I thought we had the fixed version installed by now, and thus could
re-enable the JIT.

you are right, we switched off JIT, thanks for the tip.
So it seems there was a reason to invent JIT ;-)

I'll care for that as soon as Chris has signed and published 0.9.3

I switched on JIT on Hudson again, we are down from 42 min to 12 min total build time
and MyersDiffPerformanceTest is down from 1600 sec to 42 sec, this looks
much better ...

https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/jgit/buildTimeTrend

--
Matthias