Re: [jgit-dev] MyersDiffPerformanceTest awfully slow on build.eclipse.org

2010/9/17 Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Igor Fedorenko <ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you sure you don't have JIT disabled? MyersDiffPerformanceTest
> finishes in ~19 seconds on my rather old desktop running linux and
> latest IBM java 6.

You know, we may have disabled the JIT to work around a bug in the JIT
that caused an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException during a SHA-1
computation... because the JIT changed the length of an array.  :-)

I thought we had the fixed version installed by now, and thus could
re-enable the JIT.

you are right, we switched off JIT, thanks for the tip.
So it seems there was a reason to invent JIT ;-)

I'll care for that as soon as Chris has signed and published 0.9.3

--
Matthias

Back to the top