Re: [jgit-dev] JGit User Guide

On 9/7/10 7:24 AM, Shawn Pearce wrote:
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Chris Aniszczyk<caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I've started work on an initial JGit User Guide
   http://wiki.eclipse.org/JGit/User_Guide

<snipped/>

Personally, I think the more book-like tutorial started over at the
code.google.com project [1] is a better way to approach this.  Show by
example, working up from the "say hello to git" to doing complex
things like embedding JGit into your own server process, or
implementing your own network transport.  (FWIW, I've done a smart git
on top of a different type of RPC than HTTP.  Its a nightmare, I had
to steal a ton of code from our own transport classes.  I need to
rethink how we do the RPC wrapping.)

+1. I've always found this approach more managable to both document, and for users to be able to follow.

Also something I'd love to contribute to because I've started to pick up jgit to do interesting [http://gist.github.com/568442] things :)

Think a jgit an interactive console to discover (j)git internals!

-- Ketan

Back to the top